DIY Mason Jar Flower Vase
Level of Difficulty: Easy
- Mason jar (I actually used an old jar of spaghetti sauce and ceramic utensil holder)
- Chalk paint (I used Americana Decor Treasure Blue)
- Wax (I used Americana Decor Transparent Wax)
- Paint brush and clean rag
- Twine or burlap
- Wire cutters
- Hot glue gun (if you plan on using burlap)
- Clean mason jar with hot soapy water and let dry.
- Using a paint or foam brush put a thin layer of chalk paint on outside of jar. Once completely dry add a second layer. (If you do it too soon it will take off paint your first layer).
- Once dry, use a clean rag to apply a thin layer of transparent wax to seal the paint (optional: use sandpaper to distress lettering on jars).
- Tie twine (or burlap) around the jar. For the larger utensil holder I used hot glue to wrap a strip of burlap around the middle. With a separate piece I made a box and then hot glued it the burlap.
- I purchased flowers from Michael’s and used wire cutters to cut the stems. Arrange and voila! Super easy and cheap way to add a touch of color to a room.
*Tip: if you are buying paint, crafts, or flowers from Michael’s or Hobby Lobby check online for coupons. They usually have at least a 40% off one full price item and you can save it easily to your phone! Personally, this is how I excuse my obsessive amount of DIY projects to my husband, “but there’s a coupon…”