Reupholstered Gossip Bench
Level of Difficulty: Easy
- Gossip bench
- Fabric (don’t forget to check online for coupons for Hobby Lobby/Michaels/Jo-Anns)
- Fabric adhesive (Spray)
- Fabric protectant
- Foam ( I used a mattress topper folded in half to save $$$)
- Staple gun + staples
- Staple remover
- Screwdriver and pliers to remove hardware
I bought an antique gossip bench that was in great condition, minus the ugly fabric and worn foam (very flat). So I knew this would be an easy fix and would look great in my small entry way!
- Flip bench and remove the seat (usually you only need a screw driver).
- Remove all staples from previous fabric.
- Toss old fabric and foam (if the foam is still in good condition you can reuse it).
- Measure foam (I flip my seat onto it and drew lines).
- Spray adhesive between foam and seat.
- Lay batting on floor with seat and foam on top. Spray a layer of fabric adhesive between. Measure/cut batting so that there is enough to be pulled underneath and stapled (it does usually have a little stretch, but you can also trim some extra off later.
- Pull batting around edges and begin stapling.
- Lay on top of fabric and repeat step 6 & 7. Pay careful attention to corners.
- I have toddlers and pets, so I spray a fabric protector on top and it has helped with spills!