The dining room was our big project of the summer and more how-to tutorials will soon be posted!
- Refinished hardwood floors (tutorial to come).
- Painted room gray (Behr Burnished Clay).
- Removed quarter round from trim to make it more modern, sanded and painted trim bright white.
- Picked a rustic farmhouse theme for decor (not just hand-me-down freebies) with teal and yellow as accent colors.
- Refurnished room (all items bought used from Facebook Marketplace or antique stores)
- Farmhouse Table – $260
- (4) white cross back chairs – $5 each ($20 total)
- (2) upholstered chevron chairs – $20 each ($40 total)
- Replaced high chairs with booster seats from Bed Bath & Beyond (I signed up phone updates and email notifications and received two 40% off coupons to make the purchase very affordable!)
- Painted ceiling fan (you can’t see in the picture, but it’s gold with faux wood panel blades …
Our kitchen wasn’t a drastic makeover, but we cleaned it up and made it more modern.
- Refinished hardwood floors to match dining room floors (Minwax Dark Walnut).
- Painted baseboards and window trim bright white.
- Removed black valance to brighten the room.
- Added bold colors (coral and yellow) with new decor and rug to contrast dark floors.
- Refinished an old piano bench I bought for $15 at an antique store! (tutorial to come soon).
- Removed wallpaper.
- Painted walls gray (Behr Burnished Clay) and trim/ceiling bright white.
- Removed/updated faucet, towel holders, shower curtain and rod, and toilet seat cover.
- Added teal and colorful accents.
- Spray painted gold mirror with Rustoleum Oil-Rubbed Bronze.
Note: To save $$ we kept the big fixtures (mirror, toilet, sink, and vanity) but the changes we did do makes it look like a whole new bathroom!
At my 20 week “gender-reveal” ultrasound they actually revealed (to our surprise) we were having twins! We had to get creative and strategic on how to make sure our nursery could comfortably accommodate two babies. For such little people they have soooo much stuff.
- Removed and replaced carpet.
- Painted walls (3 dark gray and 1 teal), trim, and doors.
- Added coral and teal accents.
- Put removable tree sticker on accent wall (to my surprise leaves had to be put on one by one! Not hard, but tedious).